Re: [Xen-users] Installing a domU on NFS

Dominik Klein schrieb:
You probably need those modules in the initrd, because until you have
connection to your NFS volume, you can't really use any of it's content,
so you have a "chicken and egg problem" - which is solved by either
compiling them in as built-in's to the kernel, or by using an initrd
that contains the necessary modules to get past the initial boot point.

ROOT_NFS is compilable as a module, IP_PNP is not. I'll give it a try and report here.

Well this seems wrong information. Both is not compilable as a module in my kernel version 2.6.18

Besides, from what I understood, the kernel that is started initially is the one from /boot in dom0 - isnt it?

Any more ideas?

Regards
Dominik