Re: [Xen-users] xen / AOE / vblade

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 00:37 -0800, Tom Brown wrote:
> I ran into an interesting/strange issue today. I still don't understand
> what happened, but in know what fixed it.

That was entirely useful to share and fixed a similar problem over here.

I'm off to go see if it cures some of my mysterious AoE ailments.

> It turns out that for some reason the packets were shorter
> than vblade expected, and it was ignoring them. I changed the
> check for packet length to be if < 32 instead of if < 60, and
> voila it works.  (in aoe.c)
>
>          for (;;) {
>                  n = getpkt(sfd, buf, bufsz);
>                  if (n < 0) {
>                          perror("read network");
>                          exit(1);
>                  }
> //              if (n < 60) {
>                  if (n < 32) {
> //                      fprintf(stderr,"skipping short read (%d<36)\n",n);
>                          continue;
>                  }

Works very nicely on the mock-up mixed hardware jerry-rigged ocfs2
cluster I am working on, which wasn't working correctly prior.

I haven't started hammering it yet because the drive backing it is a 6GB
travelstar in an ancient PIII laptop.

My only concern is I wonder why it was set so high .. oversight or
'quick fix' to something yet to discover? If it breaks I'll let you
know :)

Thanks again, that was really useful.

Best,
--Tim