Re: [Xen-users] xen / AOE / vblade

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 17:26 +0800, Tim Post wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 00:37 -0800, Tom Brown wrote:
> > I ran into an interesting/strange issue today. I still don't understand
> > what happened, but in know what fixed it.
>
> That was entirely useful to share and fixed a similar problem over here.
>
> I'm off to go see if it cures some of my mysterious AoE ailments.

On the other machines I have a newer version (vblade-12) downloaded from
corraid, which I think fixes the issue.

I'm not even sure what version I have on the pIII because there is no
stamp in it anywhere and the source I installed with is gone. Which
version did you get?

My aoe.c (in newer) (code related) :

        for (;;) {
                n = getpkt(sfd, buf, bufsz);
                if (n < 0) {
                        perror("read network");
                        exit(1);
                }
                if (n < 60)
                        continue;
                p = (Aoehdr *) buf;
                if (ntohs(p->type) != 0x88a2)
                        continue;
                if (p->flags & Resp)
                        continue;
                sh = ntohs(p->maj);
                if (sh != shelf && sh != (ushort)~0)
                        continue;
                if (p->min != slot && p->min != (uchar)~0)
                        continue;
                doaoe(p);
        }

Earlier, in aoe.c in function aoeata, I can see the default length is
60.

aoeata(Ata *p)  // do ATA reqeust
{
        Ataregs r;
        int len = 60;

So it looks like better logic to deal with funky requests has been
added.

But, the two are now working together, where before they were not.

If it breaks I'll let you know,I'm skeptical. What could end up
happening is the pIII will get and eat packets it has no idea what to do
with :) So be careful.

My current AOE modules, tools vblade and kvblade are here :

http://dev1.netkinetics.net/aoe/ if you want to look at my copy.

Best,
--Tim