Re: [Xen-users] mount xen partitions inside logical volume from dom0?

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 05:35:38PM +0200, Peter Peltonen wrote:
> On 3/11/07, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >You use the "lomount" command, I believe. Type "lomount --help" to gain
> >access to the partitions inside :/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol02.
>
> But I thought lomount can handle only disk images? At least that's
> what the help says:
>
> # lomount -h
> Usage: lomount [-verbose] [OPTIONS] -diskimage FILE -partition NUM [OPTIONS]
> All OPTIONS are passed through to 'mount'.
> ex. lomount -t fs-type -diskimage hda.img -partition 1 /mnt
>
> And I am talking about partitions made by the FC6 Anaconda installer
> to the logical
> volume.

Are these like magical partitions - unlike say the terribly normal ones
you get with "fdisk /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01"? :-)

Nico's right, lomount works just fine. You might want to try it out
before you delete your snapshot:

    lomount -verbose -t ext3 -partition 2  \
        -diskimage /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol02 /mnt

> After reading the RHEL5/FC6 Xen documentation through again I realised I
> must
> use kpartx:

Oops!