Re: [Xen-users] Bonding â dom0 or dom1 ? and why is vif1.1 missing in DomU?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Angel L. Mateo" <amateo@xxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:05:40 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 05:05:04 -0700

El sÃb, 10-03-2007 a las 12:51 +0200, Ian Brown escribiÃ:
> Thanks, Jerry.
>
>   - I am looking at this 3 pages Dell pdf doc and will try something like it.
>
>   - A question:
>   It is said there that :
> "The bridge and the bond should be configured to disable Address
> Resolution Protocol (ARP) and multicast. In the test environment,"
> and this should be done by:
>
> # ip link set xenbr1 arp off
> # ip link set xenbr1 multicast off
>
> Does anybody knows why this is so ?

        I don' know. What I know is that if I configure this, I can't reach the
xen dom0 (but I can reach domU's).

        The problem I am having with this configuration is that it works while
I am pinging to domUs (I guess it still works with other kind of
traffic), but as soon as I stop pinging it, the bridge stop working.

        Any idea?

--
Angel L. Mateo MartÃnez
SecciÃn de TelemÃtica