[Xen-users] Call for Papers FrOSCon 07 - 25.+26.08.07 - St. Augustin/Germany

FrOSCon is a two-day conference on free software and open source, which
takes place on 25th and 26th August 2007 at the University of Applied
Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, in St. Augustin near Bonn, Germany.

Focus of the conference is a comprehensive range of talks about current
topics in free software and open source. Furthermore, space will be
provided for developers of free software and open source projects to
organize their own developer meetings or even their own program.

2007 will see the second installment of FrOSCon. It is organized by the
deparmtent of computer science in collaboration with the Linux/Unix User
Group Sankt Augustin, the student body and the FrOSCon e.V.

= Topics =

We are looking for contributions about current developments from the whole
field of Free Software and Open Source., e.g.:

* Operating Systems
* Development
* Administration
* Security
* Legal Issues
* Desktop
* Open Hardware

We would especially like to see contributions about the following topics:

* Web2.0 - Free Software as the building blocks of the web revolution
* Virtualization - Basics, comparison and new developments (e.g.
VT/Pacifica, Linux 2.6.20, QEMU, Virtualbox etc.)
* Open beyond Software - The principles of Free Software applied far from
source code

Furthermore we are planning a special track (in german) for beginners. We
would also like to see proposals for that.

= Submitting Contributions =

Registration and submission of contributions is via the web-based frontend
under http://cfp.froscon.org/. For participating in the Call for Papers,
you will have to submit a short abstract, as well as a detailed
description. To participate in the conference, you will also need to
submit slides for your talk beforehand.

== Language ==

Contributions can be submitted in German as well as English. The choice of
language should depend solely on which language is more suitable for
presenting the chosen topic. Language of the submitted texts and of the
talk should be the same.

== Length of the Contributions ==

The abstract should summarize the planned content of the talk in a precise
and succinct way. We do not place a limit on its length.

The talks should take no more than 45 minutes, in order to allow some time
for questions and for preparing the stage for the following speaker.

We can accept longer contributions in special cases; we ask for a
justification for the longer extent in this case.

== Format ==

Abstract and Description have to be submitted as plain text via the web
frontend. We ask for submission of the slides in PDF; other open document
format such as OpenOffice should only be submitted after prior
consultation.

== Licenses ==

We will publish abstract, description and slides on a website and include
the abstract in the conference program. We demand that you place your
contributions under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0
Germany (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/de/) license (or a
more lenient license.)

Unless another license is noted, we will assume that your contribution is
under this license. If you want to place your works under a less
restrictive license, please note so with your submission.

== Selection of Contributions ==

Contributions are selected based on their content by a program committee.
Please understand that we cannot accept all contributions, depending on
the number and quality of the submissions. We will favor submissions which
fall under one of the aforementioned topics.

= Other =

== Remuneration ==

FrOSCon is organized by volunteers and is mostly funded by sponsors. We
ask you to understand that we will not be able to reimburse you for your
expenses.

== Accomodation ==

The organizers of FrOSCon are looking for suitable accomodation at the
moment. Current developments will be published on the web site of the
event (http://www.froscon.org). We can also help find a place to sleep.

== Social Event ==

We are planning to hold a social event on the evening of the 25th and
kindly invite all speakers to attend.

= Important Dates and Contacts =

*June 4th, 2007 End of the Call for Papers. All contributions need to
                be submitted by this date in order to qualify.
* June 18th, 2007 Notification of acceptance of all contributions
* June 30th, 2007 Final acceptance. We ask all invited speakers to give
                  their final acceptance by this date.
*August 1st, 2007 Last date for submitting slides
*August 25th, 2007 First day of FrOSCon

Further information can be found on the web under http://www.froscon.org.

Please send questions about the Call for Papers via email to:
program@xxxxxxxxxxx
Contact the organizers via email:
contact@xxxxxxxxxxx

Postal address:

FrOSCon e.V.
c/o Fachhochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
Grantham-Allee 20
53757 Sankt Augustin
Germany

--
"I do note with interest that old women in my books become young women on
the covers... this is discrimination against the chronologically gifted."