[Xen-users] Re: Mounting domU filesystem on Dom0. (xm mount)

Ligesh wrote:
> But LVM data corruption happens at the file system level, and has to be
> recovered first using e2fsck, before mysql can even have a go at it fixing
> the rest of the problems.

Aah, I think this is the source of our different point of view. I was
refering to journaling filesystems (ext3, reiserfs, etc) where the
kernel will automatically replay last journal, so (on most cases) no
MANUAL fsck is necessary.

Since you're talking about "10s of thousands of small domUs running
small workloads" (which implies small, rarely changed files) then NFS
backups should be sufficient.

Regards,

Fajar