[Xen-users] Has VMware better performance than Xen 3?

Hi list!
I´m a newbie on virtualization but i have this question.

Actually I was developing a virtualization schema on my job, i find useful the Vmware,Xen and KVM tools to make my probes..

The scenario is very simple , only one phisical machine running Debian Etch and two kernels, the binary 2.6.18-xen and the vanilla 2.6.20.1 running vmware...on booth, i have installed the WxpSP2 and no other software that the PerformanceTest 6.1.The machine runs on core2 6600 with 4gb 800Mhz DDR2 and intel ICH8 and 965 chipset,

The results:
vmware is a bit better tan xen on cpu operations and much better on disk operations (600%).In 2D graphic performance is incredibily more faster...(varies on >42000%< and 300%...)In memory probes, booths have the same performance.
when i probe to use 2 vcpus on Xen I get a bit of  poor performance...

My question:
Is VMware more faster than Xen?
how do I make my xen installation more faster?

Thanks,