Re: [Xen-users] xen hotplug scripts not working

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 03:21 +0800, Tim Post wrote:

Sorry, forgot to show you the alternate config :

> On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 20:06 +0100, Christian Placzek wrote:
>
> > auto eth1
becomes auto xen-br1
> > allow-hotplug eth1
you can add allow-hotplug xen-br1 but should not be needed
> > iface eth1 inet static
iface xen-br1 inet static
> >        address 10.1.1.201
> >        netmask 255.255.255.0
> >        network 1.1.1.0
#then add:
           bridge_fd 0
           bridge_maxwait 0
           bridge_helo 0
           bridge_stp off
           bridge_ports eth1

Just tell the bridge what eth device to port, or 'none' if you want to
setup a dummy bridge to serve as a switch for some guests. You need to
give it an IP even if its a dummy (.1 in any reserved address is fine),
just no gatway.

Contradictory, every bridge that lets guests talk to the internet will
need a gateway, or it will only let guests talk to the same network as
the bridge. Tempting as it may seem, leave stp off, you don't wanna go
there.

Remember that when you re-start networking, you'll need to re-attach the
vif's to their respective bridges. you can see scripts/vif-* for how to
manage this within your own scripts.

Another way to do it is with a vif-detach / attach, but I haven't played
with that way yet.

Best, and sorry for the double post. I forgot to paste my version
instead of the quoted one.

--Tim