[Xen-users] Video Driver problem for dom0?

  • To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Rob Aronson" <riaronson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:58:18 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:57:19 -0700

I recedntly tried to do some demos for a trade show ona Dell D820 laptop of XEN 3.02 on SuSE Linux. I had a really hard time with trying to get the video to work. The machine has an nVidia video card and it didn't seem to be able to send video to an external source while running the XEN kernal without an nVidia driver. Of course, when I tried to compile the nVidia driver it would install to the XEN kernal at all. The installer just refuses. Anyone have any suggestions or have you gotten this going?

Thanks,

--
Rob Aronson
Storage, Virtualization and Orchestration Practice Manager, Novacoast