Re: [Xen-users] DOM0 networking - dead to the outside world

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 08:35:03PM +0000, Alan Pearson wrote:

> Now I have the pleasure installing Xen  3.0.4.1 on RHEL4.4 (host +
> guests, using xensource RPMs) system, and I'm having a nightmare with
> Dom0 networking.
>
> The DomUs can see the outside world AND the Dom0 eth0 address, but
> Dom0 cannot see the outside world nor the outside world see it.
> Dom0 can ping the guests fine, and the guests can ping Dom0.
>
> For the purposes of this discussion, outside world means 'same subnet
> on the physical interface'
>
> Dom0 networking works fine before network-bridge is started, after it
> starts, no more Dom0 networking.
>
> I've really no idea what is wrong, and hours and hours playing with
> Linux bridging has got me nowhere ;-(
> There doesn't seem to be any iptables rules stopping traffic, and
> selinux is disabled.
>

> The output of the brctl show & ifconfig commands looks identical on
> the xen3.0.4.1 to the working 3.0.2-2 systems, so I'm lost.
> Running tcpdump -s0 -L -A   produces no output on any interface.

Hi Alan

can't tell you what the problem is, but a similar problem popped up last
week and the proposed solution was to create your own bridge. The start
of the thread (subject: dom0 networking disabled) is here:

  http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-03/msg00636.html

A possible RedHat configuration is here:

  http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-03/msg00697.html

HTH

jez