[Xen-users] Using the -xen kernel rather than -xen0/U

Hi List-

At <http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/InstallationNotes#head-64f7b0db4fee44809a97a827e92fa9ed27a732a8>

I see the section entitled:

Using the -xen kernel rather than -xen0/U

which describes changing the Makefile line:

KERNELS ?= linux-2.6-xen0 linux-2.6-xenU

to read as follows:

KERNELS ?= linux-2.6-xen

But the Makefile in 3.0.2 already reads:

KERNELS ?= linux-2.6-xen

So I'm confused.

Does this mean that the default configuration has (since the wiki note was written) been changed so that I am, by default, using the -xen kernel rather than the -xen0/U kernel?

If so, what if I want to use the -xen0/U kernel?

I'm new to Xen, so please pardon me if this is a silly question. I searched the archive for comments related to this but didn't find any in the last year.

I will be wanting to use as many different virtual machine types as I can, and so I suspect that I will need different kernels for many of the VMs that I'll want to run.

Will this configuration allow that? Or will this configuration require that I use the same kernel for all of my VMs?

Thanks.

-Kevin