RE: [Xen-users] Anti-virus for use in para-virtualized Xen

  • To: "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 17:45:06 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 08:44:40 -0700

I presume the reason they have a standard set of kernels is that they
"meddle" with the kernel and don't supply source-code, which means that
a Xenified kernel doesn't match the expected kernel layout, and thus
can't use the module? [And it's understandable from some aspects that
the AV guys don't really want the V-guys to see the source-code...]

> Has anyone out there been using any such commercial packages? Or am I
> stuck with tools like ClamAV to avoid complicating my life with
> unfortunate kernel interactions?

Possibly stuck...

--
Mats