Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 network problem.

  • To: m0topilot@xxxxxxxxx
  • From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 10:07:00 +0100
  • Cc: bosmanoglu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 02:04:41 -0700

Matias wrote:

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
bosmanoglu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to setup Xen on a Dell PowerEdge 2950 system with 2 Xeon Quad core processors under SuSE Enterprise. I did the Xen installation through
Yast and I managed to get images of ttylinux and chaos to boot.

 My problem is, when I use netwotk-bridge, Dom0 does not have internet
connection. I also tried network-routed without success.

 Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Cheers,

Batu.
I bet it's your iptables. Turn off iptables and try it, then take a look at some previous threads about how to configure this.

Assuming my dom0 box is behind a dedicated firewall, what are the ramifications with respect to Xen more specifically Xen Networking when I turn off iptables?

Turning off iptables worked and now dom0 has network access.
Well, now you've isolated the problem. That's a *huge* step! I've seen various recipes to configure Xen and iptables, but not seen a clean and intelligible one: I've seen what is clearly a lot of gobbledy gook written by script kiddies doing cut&paste. So I've used external firewalls rather than spending the time to hand-brew my own.

That'll have to change for me soon. I'd welcome good pointers to good write-ups to set it correctly.