Re: [Xen-users] How to run a native Windows XP with XEN

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Z24 <z24@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 08:51:06 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 23:50:08 -0700

>Hello everyone:
>
>I have run Windows XP with XEN successfully.
>
>And I want to boot a native Windows XP(be installed normally) with XEN, or
>boot the XenWindows with general way(select from grub when computer starting).
>
>In other words, i want the Windows XP could be booted from two ways(general
>and xen).
>

>But I failed all the way. Could someone give me some advice ?

Exactly the same I would do and I did. See here:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-02/msg00822.html

I find the XP guest response quite slow on my machine (AM2 X2 3800+, 2
GB RAM), it's far from real time response, and slower than using VNC
on a regular XP host. Anyone having near real time response?

Bye
--
Z24