Re: [Xen-users] How to run a native Windows XP with XEN

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 08:51:06AM +0200, Z24 wrote:

> > [wixp on baremetal and xen]
>
> I find the XP guest response quite slow on my machine (AM2 X2 3800+, 2
> GB RAM), it's far from real time response, and slower than using VNC
> on a regular XP host. Anyone having near real time response?

I also use that hardwareconfig (AM2 X2 3800+, 2GB ram) for running wixp
in the two modes.

Debian unstable from middle of March, apart from having to install windows
xp as 'standart pc' so that the xen hvm-machine behaves as it should, it
works in both modes reasonably well.
If one can live with having the installation not cleanly rebooting when
started under xen it could even be installed with acpi.

Some details collected at https://wiki.fluxcoil.net/doku.php/xen .

Christian