[Xen-users] Custom networking problems

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Michael Steinhoff <mstde@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:43:42 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 02:46:23 -0700

Hallo,

I cannot get my xen networking going ...

My Debian/Etch-Xen (2.6.18-3-xen-686)-machine has two nics. I wolud like to
create a scenario with a public site (eth0), a private LAN (eth1) and a DMZ.
This should not be too exotic as I found something like this in several
postings.

In Dom0 I put the bridges in my /etc/network/interfaces (I've no knowlegde of
perl, so fiddling with a custom xen-network-script is no option for me and from
what I googled, this should be a valid way to configure the bridges.):

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.1.100
network 192.168.1.0
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1

#LAN
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
address 192.168.2.100
network 192.168.2.0
netmask 255.255.255.0

auto dummy0
iface dummy0 inet static
address 192.168.3.100
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.3.1

# Internal Bridged Network.
auto xenintbr
iface xenintbr inet static
pre-up brctl addbr xenintbr
post-down brctl delbr xenintbr
address 192.168.2.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.2.0
broadcast 192.168.2.255
bridge_fd 0
bridge_hello 0
bridge_stp off

auto xendmzbr
iface xendmzbr inet static
pre-up brctl addbr xendmzbr
post-down brctl delbr xendmzbr
address 192.168.3.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.3.0
broadcast 192.168.3.255
bridge_fd 0
bridge_hello 0
bridge_stp off

A ifconfig shows, that both brigdes are up; I can ping all given addresses (in
Dom0).

In the DomU-config file I specify the brigde

vif = ['bridge=xenintbr']

I tried to apply the IP-Address from the config-File or within the running DomU
- neither way worked.

What is wrong, what am I missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!