RE: [Xen-users] uniq mac address generator

  • To: "trilok nuwal" <tc.nuwal@xxxxxxxxx>, "Xen list" <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:17:41 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 06:16:48 -0700

It only needs to be unique to your local network - anything outside that
will not be using MAC addresses to determine the routing of the packet
anyways [AFAIK], so it's meaningless to aim for uniqueness outside your
own network (although it is of course practical to know that ALL MAC
addresses used in the entire known world are unique).

Of course, if you're on a large corporate network, you may still have
the problem that someone else uses the same easymac script to generate
MAC addresses...

--
Mats

--