Re: [Xen-users] Xen on CentOS opinions

  • To: "Formoso, Travis" <Travis.Formoso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Holger Wesser <holger.wesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:14:58 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 02:13:55 -0700

> Hello,
>
> First ­ thanks to all the help and support on this list ­ really is
> appreciated!
>
> I was wondering what everyone thought of running xen on CentOS? I wanted to
> know your experience with it and opinions. Currently we have run it on Fedora
> Core and it has been a bit unstable. I was looking for an alternative option
> that we may use in the near future.
>
> Thank you,

I gain my first experiences with XEN on a CentOS 5 System. Unfortunately the
whole system crashed this night. Because I'm not at work today, I cannot
say, what's the reason for the crash.

The creation of centos-guests worked fine (using the tool virt-install that
comes with this distribution). I had problems running a debian sarge guest,
because the xen-initrd was not built with xenblk an xennet support. I don't
know, why the guys from fedora/redhat/centos didn't fix this until now.

I will try xen on etch the next days.

Greetings,
Holger