Re: [Xen-users] Big I/O performance difference between dom0 and domU

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 09:34:10AM -0700, Liang Yang wrote:
What is the CPU utilization when you did this I/O performance measurement?

"% CPU" reported by bonnie when writing/reading/random seeking in is
6/3/0% in dom0 and 4/2/0% in domU. bonnie was the only thing running
when performing the test.

watch top in the Dom0 while running bonnie in the DomU; better, watch xentop in the Dom0.

when you do I/O in the DomU, it needs to go through the Dom0 in order to get to the real disk.