Re: [Xen-users] Bad network performance between VMs in a doma in.

  • To: tgh <tianguanhua@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "ben henrion" <benjhenrion.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:14:17 +0200
  • Cc: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, zvoice@xxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:13:10 -0700

2007/4/19, tgh <tianguanhua@xxxxxxxxxx>:
hi
  I have a question about credit and vcpuset
  credit could automatically allocate the doms among the cpus,

What's sort of credit are you talking about? The weight or the cap ?

and if we set the cpu to a domain statically ,will it potentially ruin the whole
balancing of credit scheduler?

If you use one domain for one CPU, you don't need  credit-schedul!

  and could credit not  automatically balance the load in the network
scenario?

???

I am confuesd about it
could you help me out

Thanks in advance

> And how is the cores distributed between Dom0 and the two DomU's, are all using "any", or are the cores dedicated to a particular domain? If not, you may want to reduce the number of cores for Dom0 to 1 or 2, and set a dedicated core for each DomU. Setting Dom0 can be done with "xm vcpu-set" or modifying /etc/xen/xend- config.sxp (dom0-cpus n) where n is the number of CPU's for Dom0. If this number is zero, Dom0 has all CPU's in the system, and that will not be the ideal solution.
>
> Setting "cpus=[2-3]" or "cpu=2" in the config file will restrict which cores your DomU runs on.
>

> --
> Mats

Benjamin HENRION
Elève de 4eme année de l' EXIA (Nancy)