Re: [Xen-users] create a partition on a file disk

  • To: "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "trilok nuwal" <tc.nuwal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:22:45 +0530
  • Cc: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, Xen list <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 03:51:30 -0700

Could we carete VG ( Volume group ) on file baked disks. Because i might have any disk to make os image.

On 4/20/07, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
trilok nuwal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is beacuse i am not installing the OS in usual way. I want
> cloning of OS. Means i want to create a OS from an existing install
> os. So i have to make partition on this disk manually.
Then don't bother with LVM, create a few separate partitions with your
Dom0 LVM, and mount those *directly* as /dev/sda1, /dev/sda2, etc. in
the DomU. LVM is cool and neat and wonderful, but it's also pretty
flipping pointless to put on top of an existing LVM system. Like
gzipping a file twice, you don't gain much and it costs you management
and computational overhead to deal with.