Re: [Xen-users] Re: Getting audo working in WinXP DomU ?

  • To: Derek <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 08:06:29 +0100
  • Cc: xen ml <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 00:03:54 -0700

Derek wrote:
Googling about, I found the suggestion for a configuration parameter:

soundhw='all'

When I added this to my configuration file, windows started detecting sound devices just fine, and skype under windows will now play sounds to the headphones, but still doesn't hear anything from the microphone. I've checked the obvious: nither the windows domU or the linux dom0 has microphone muted, the mic is plugged in properly, etc. So, I'm now most of the way there. Any suggestions how to get the mic working? Thanks,
Derek.
This may depend massively on the audio chipset and its settings: I'm aware that a stack of audio devices have configurable settings to make the two jacks stereo sound, microphone and speakers, microphone and headphones, etc.

Can you test things with a USB audio device, to assure that your basic microphone and audio controls work?