Re: [Xen-users] Need help setting up guest's networking

  • To: Yevgeniy Goldberg <thegoldberg@xxxxxxx>
  • From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 15:27:13 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 07:23:55 -0700

Yevgeniy Goldberg wrote:
Nico,
Wouldn't vif name assigned by xeb based on the Domain id? (ie if the DomU is 5 then it will become vif5.0)
Alos,
I've misspoke when I said that I was setting the static IP for the guest's vif from the Dom0 - I was doing that inside the actual DomU. Also, I have a win 2003 server guest on the same xen host and networking works just fine on that one.
Both configs are found in my initial post.
Let me know what you think and THANK YOU FOR TRYING TO HELP ME!
From experience, if you do "xm shutdown DOMAIN" and "xm create DOMAIN", it winds up with a new vifname unless it's hard-coded, much the same way you wind up with a new MAC address unless you hard-code it.

The vifname renaming makes SNMP tracking of traffic for specific domains a serious pain.