[Xen-users] xen console question, lirc

Hello,

I have read the manual (http://tx.downloads.xensource.com/downloads/docs/user/user.html#s:xboot) but I am still unsure what the difference between xencons=xxx and console=xxx is and where both have to be specified (menu.lst: line "kernel /boot/xen.gz.." and/or line "module /boot/vmlinuz..."?).

Does Xen itself (the hypervisor) really have a console? If yes, does it show the same as I get from xm dmesg?

I want to
    - keep ttyS0 free (for lirc in a domU) and
    - see useful debugging info in case of a crash on vga output.
What options do you suggest?

Thany you,

Dirk