RE: [Xen-users] Solaris 10 HVM DomU

(http://users.telenet.be/mylinux/Instalation_of_Solaris10_x86_on_linuxhost.h
> tml)
>>
>> Anyone with a sucessful story installing Solaris 10 as HVM DomU? Any
>> special step needed in the installation or configuration file for the
>> guest?
>
> Approach 1 (paravirtualized) seems to work fairly well out of the box
> with Linux as a dom0 and using Linux-xen, even though they say you
> need to use the modified Solaris-xen.  However, networking doesn't
> work yet; I'm guessing the modified OpenSolaris doesn't have drivers
> for the virtual NIC provided by Xen to the VM.  I may need to ask
> about that on the OpenSolaris mailing list.

I have an update on Approach 1.  The prepared b44 domU image available at
OpenSolaris only works on older (pre-PAE) versions of Xen.  It won't work
with
more recent versions available as packages for Fedora or Debian.  However, I

did get networking to work running the image on an old Xen 3.0.2-3 testing
version.  The Xen end works fine, I just had to learn some Solaris
networking-
foo to get it working from inside the VM.