Re: [Xen-users] Reboot instead of dom0 starupt

On 10.05.2007, at 15:24, Petersson, Mats wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Michael Gruetzner
Sent: 10 May 2007 14:16
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Reboot instead of dom0 starupt

Hi,

I just updated to xen 3.0.4 and linux-2.6.16.49-xen0 (gentoo linux).
After reboot
xen starts up just fine but instead of starting the dom0 kernel the
machine just
reboots. The last messages I see on my screen are:

(XEN) Scrubbing Free RAM: .......done.
(XEN) Xen trace buffers: disabled
(XEN) Std. Loglevel: Errors and warnings
(XEN) Guest Loglevel: Nothing (Rate-limited: Errors and warnings)

... reboot

My dom0 kernel is compiled with all the backend drivers and no
compatibility code.

How can I figure out the reason for the sudden reboot? Is
there a way
to enable a
mor verbose output without recompiling xen? I didn't find any
command
line parameter ...

It's probably failing due to some driver missing, and you're probably
just not seeing the last few messages. Try adding "noreboot" on line of
"xen.gz" in the "grub.conf".

Hi,

I already added the noreboot option and it seems that the kernel isn't loaded at all.

Michael

--
Mats

Thanks for any help in advance,