RE: [Xen-users] Keyboard change

  • To: "Geert Janssens" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 18:25:23 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:24:19 -0700

The keyboard mapping has been in Xen's QEMU for a while, since changeset 10673
at the least (which is before 3.0.3).

However, "xm create" will ignore it until changeset 12467, which is about
halfway through 3.0.3 -> 3.0.4 changes, so no, 3.0.3 will not support keymap
setting. You need to update to a newer version of Xen to make use of this
feature [or you could try to backport this change, but I think that's a harder
task].

> Note that I also required the single quotes around the keymap
> value or xm
> create would halt with an error:
> Error: name 'nl' is not defined

Yes, that makes sense. The config script is essentially a python script, which
means that you can use for example variables in it. Of course, anything without
quotes will be seen as a variable, not a text-constant.

Sorry if I was unclear about that earlier [some things are just so obvious when
you've been doing it for a while].

--
Mats