[Xen-users] xen remote console and multiple admins

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Brett Campbell" <Brett.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:30:54 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:29:28 -0700

Hello,

I'm enjoying my Xen quest very much thus far.

Q:      How does one handle the situation of multiple
root users on dom0
        trying to `xm console' to the same guest?

I was unable to use the virtual console at all until I
added a line to
inittab for agetty to spawn on xvc0.  Now I'm not sure of
an elegant solution
for supporting multiple consoles (possible?), or even
'locking' the one
while it is in use.

Thanks for any ideas,
Brett
--
booterdev1:/data/notes/xen $ fortune
Excellent day for putting Slinkies on an escalator.