Re: [Xen-users] xen remote console and multiple admins

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 04:30:54PM -0700, Brett Campbell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm enjoying my Xen quest very much thus far.
>
> Q:    How does one handle the situation of multiple
> root users on dom0
>       trying to `xm console' to the same guest?
>
> I was unable to use the virtual console at all until I
> added a line to inittab for agetty to spawn on xvc0.

That's normal.

> Now I'm not sure of an elegant solution
> for supporting multiple consoles (possible?), or even
> 'locking' the one while it is in use.

I would use screen(1) and run xm console in that.  You still only have
on VC but at least you can all get to it.

You can setup the ACLS so that all admin accounts have access to the
screen session.

Yours Tony

  linux.conf.au        http://linux.conf.au/ || http://lca2008.linux.org.au/
  Jan 28 - Feb 02 2008 The Australian Linux Technical Conference!