Re: [Xen-users] howto build xen from source with existing config?

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 09:05:15AM -0700, Dylan Martin wrote:
> I was the instigator for the similer thread yesterday.  Here's my
> solution:  Fedora 7 is released in 5 days.  Nuff said.
>
> If you're absolutely determined to build a xen 3.1.0 kernel for FC6,
> the smart way to do it would be do grab the source RPMS from the FC6
> kernel and the F7 xen-kernel and figure out how to add the FC7 xen
> stuff to the FC6 kernel.

You can grab the src.rpm for the F7 kernel-xen and xen RPMs and just
rebuild them without change against FC6 & they'll work. You may need
to update a couple of supporting packages (mkinird & nash IIRC) but
aside from that it will just work. I've used this approach to do lots
of testing of the F7 xen stack ontop of FC6 distro.

> However, the smart thing would be to wait 5 days for F7, which has xen
> 3.1.0 in it.

Yep, that'll be available very shortly.... You don't even need to wait
5 days. Just take rawhide which is basically identical to what F7 will
be when its out.

Dan.