RE: [Xen-users] domain crashes with xen 3.1 on creation

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Paul Archer <parcher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 07:39:54 -0500 (CDT)
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 30 May 2007 05:38:43 -0700

From: "Philippe Trolliet" <p.trolliet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] domain crashes with xen 3.1 on creation -
        Error: (22,     'Invalid argument')

> Uninstalling the RHEL5 "Virtualization" package and installing
> 3.1 from the sources helped. Now the tools to do work ;-)
>
> Oh, yes: make install in the ../tools directory makes wonder!
> Maybe a good idea to place that into the README of the dist?

i´ve done these steps but that didn´t work (uninstalled the FC6 xen packages
and made a seperate make, make install in the tools dir).
i´m getting an error with both the old and new configuration syntax.
when i use the "new" configuration syntax i get this error in console:

Using config file "./mails".
Error: Errors were found at line 2 while processing ./mails:
            (name mails)

in the log i see nothing.
i posted the content of my config file in one of the previous mails (see
below).

The problem you're having is related to having two different versions of Xen on your system. I ran into this just last week while installing 3.1. My guess is that you have not removed all the original FC6 packages (although I couldn't give you a complete list, since I'm all debian). Take another look at the packages on your system, and you may also want to try a 'make distclean' in your source directory. And the "old" syntax for the config files is still valid. I wouldn't worry about using the new syntax.

Paul