RE: [Xen-users] xen over quemu OR quemu in Xen domU on a system with HVM-capable CPU

  • To: "Igor Chubin" <igor@xxxxxxx>
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 13:23:38 +0200
  • Cc: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 31 May 2007 04:22:58 -0700

I tried this just a few weeks ago. Worked for the limited amount of
testing I gave it.

> * Windows 95/98

I've got a disk sitting around, but I've not tested it. I spent a few
minutes now trying to get it to run, but it seems to not do so - not
sure why.

> * OS/2
I haven't tested myself, but list-member Trolle Selander is using this
combination for commercial purposes.

> and not legacy, but rare (comparing to Windows and Linux)
>
> * OpenBSD
> * MINIX
> and
> * Plan 9?

I haven't tried any of them. The problem(s) with using "unknown" OS's is
that they may perform operations that aren't supported by the HVM part
of Xen - it's usually not THAT hard to fix, but it can be sometimes...
:-(

--
Mats