Re: [Xen-users] xen over quemu OR quemu in Xen domU on a system with HVM-capable CPU

> and not legacy, but rare (comparing to Windows and Linux)
>
> * OpenBSD
> * MINIX
> and
> * Plan 9?
>
> (I ask about running named OS as full virtual guests on a host with
> HVM-capable AMD CPU)

Not tried any of these as fully virtual guests.  However, I'd like to note
that Minix was ported (at least partially) to Xen by Ivan Kelly.  I think he
targetted Xen 2 originally, but he was certainly interested in knowing Xen 3
stuff at the time.

OpenBSD has been ported to run on Xen 3, but I'm not sure what the status of
that port is.

Plan 9's own website includes a howto for getting Plan 9 natively running on
Xen.

> Particular question about Plan 9.
> As far as I know Plan 9 works well as paravirtualized guest
> in Xen 2.
> But what about Xen 3?

The port was updated for Xen 3 (non-PAE), I have a working install here which
I access using Linux drawterm (a Linux implementation of the plan9 network
display thingy) - seems fine.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.