Re: [Xen-users] xen over quemu OR quemu in Xen domU on a system with HVM-capable CPU

On Do, Mai 31, 2007 at 04:24:30 +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:
> > and not legacy, but rare (comparing to Windows and Linux)
> >
> > * OpenBSD
> > * MINIX
> > and
> > * Plan 9?
> >
> > (I ask about running named OS as full virtual guests on a host with
> > HVM-capable AMD CPU)
>
> Not tried any of these as fully virtual guests.  However, I'd like to note
> that Minix was ported (at least partially) to Xen by Ivan Kelly.  I think he
> targetted Xen 2 originally, but he was certainly interested in knowing Xen 3
> stuff at the time.
>
> OpenBSD has been ported to run on Xen 3, but I'm not sure what the status of
> that port is.

Very good news!
Thank you.

I've googled and find this pages:
* [http://ropersonline.com/openbsd/xen/openbsd-xen-howto OpenBSD Xen HOWTO]
* [http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=115020845610220&w=2 HOWTO Run
OpenBSD/amd64 port for Xen]

May be the links will be useful for somebody.

> Plan 9's own website includes a howto for getting Plan 9 natively running on
> Xen.
>
> > Particular question about Plan 9.
> > As far as I know Plan 9 works well as paravirtualized guest
> > in Xen 2.
> > But what about Xen 3?
>
> The port was updated for Xen 3 (non-PAE), I have a working install here which
> I access using Linux drawterm (a Linux implementation of the plan9 network
> display thingy) - seems fine.

non-PAE?

And what about 64 bit hosts?

Oh!
I forgot GNU/Hurd.
As far as I know GNU/Hurd can run as Xen guest?
At least I have seen page where described how to use GRUB to run
GNU/Hurd in Xen domain
[http://osdir.com/ml/boot-loaders.grub.devel/2007-01/msg00002.html].
So I've decided that GNU/Hurd can run inside Xen.

Am I right?

--
WBR, i.m.chubin