Re: [Xen-users] xen over quemu OR quemu in Xen domU on a system with HVM-capable CPU

> > Plan 9's own website includes a howto for getting Plan 9 natively running
> > on Xen.
> >
> > > Particular question about Plan 9.
> > > As far as I know Plan 9 works well as paravirtualized guest
> > > in Xen 2.
> > > But what about Xen 3?
> >
> > The port was updated for Xen 3 (non-PAE), I have a working install here
> > which I access using Linux drawterm (a Linux implementation of the plan9
> > network display thingy) - seems fine.
>
> non-PAE?
>
> And what about 64 bit hosts?

I don't believe it'll work on 64-bit either :-(

Actually, OpenBSD (and probably other "minority" ports like NetBSD, the
development code for FreeBSD, GNU/Hurd) probably expects to run on 32-bit
non-PAE as well.

> Oh!
> I forgot GNU/Hurd.
> As far as I know GNU/Hurd can run as Xen guest?
> At least I have seen page where described how to use GRUB to run
> GNU/Hurd in Xen domain
> [http://osdir.com/ml/boot-loaders.grub.devel/2007-01/msg00002.html]. So
> I've decided that GNU/Hurd can run inside Xen.
>
> Am I right?

Yes, Hurd does can on Xen.  I managed to build GNU Mach and boot it on Xen,
but haven't managed to get the Hurd running on top of it.  I've not heard
much about this port for a while, though.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!