Re: [Xen-users] Resizing file-based images

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 10:07 +0000, john maclean wrote:
> Ah,
> Thanks for this. I've only been sticking to file-based images as this
> is the only method that I can get working relatively quickly from a
> clean install.
>
> OK check this out:-
>  df -h
> /dev/hda3             9.2G  3.3G  5.5G  37% /
> tmpfs                 502M     0  502M   0% /lib/init/rw
> udev                   10M   44K   10M   1% /dev
> tmpfs                 502M     0  502M   0% /dev/shm
> /dev/hda1              92M   31M   56M  36% /boot
> /dev/hda5              28G   18G  9.0G  66% /home
> /dev/hda6              72G   26G   42G  39% /vz # << Used for file-based domUs

Ok, so did the available % of hda6 increase after you altered the file
images?

> If I had /dev/hda6 as LVM,
> a) Do I have something like :disk = [ 'phy:/vz/alpha/bxvm.img,sda1,w',
> 'phy:/vz/alpha/bxvm.swap,sda2,w']?

I wouldn't use a '.' in the names of the logical volumes but yes that's
pretty much it. I name mine so the name of the lv is meaningful, i.e.

/dev/shelf3/gnuxenlinux-xenu-sda1 , is the LV for sda1 for the dom-u
gnuxenlinux. Or you can even make symlinks to lv's and specify just the
symlink if it makes it simpler.

> I've never been able to get the LVM'ed instances going :-/
> Thanks alot for your time!

Hopefully you can get LVM working and all of this becomes much much
simpler.

Best,
--Tim