Re: [Xen-users] WinXP cannot partition disk

> I disabled selinux in /etc/selinux/config and all problems were gone.. the
> iso works (cdrom) and windows is able to partition and format the disk.
>
> I wonder what consequences this has on the overall security of the Xen host
> though.
>
> Anyway, I can continue installing and testing with Xen. Thank you for your
> time and effort! You've been a great help.

Looking at the Fedora Xen quickstart at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC6 I can't see anything
obvious that would cause SELinux to break here.  If you were exporting a .iso
to the guest it would need to be in /var/lib/xen/images in order to pass
SELinux checks.

I'm not sure exactly how SELinux / Fedora handle the LVM volume you're storing
your guest on, nor am I sure how the /dev/cdrom export would be treated.

I don't have an up-to-date Fedora / RHEL system here (though I wish I did, I
love what they're doing with Xen / SELinux) that I can check on.

I've cc-ed Daniel (hope you don't mind, Daniel!) who I think may have a better
idea what's up.

Cheers,
Mark