Re: [Xen-users] Xen + RHEL5 + 64/32 bit

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 09:00:48AM +0100, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> >It's based on Xen 3.0.3.  Amongst other things this means that its HVM
> >support is not quite so advanced (the specific thing that comes to mind is
> >SMP HVM guest support is not quite there, but I'm sure there are other
> >fixes to HVM and other code too in 3.0.4).
> >
> >I believe the RHEL 5.1 update is slated to include a newer Xen, possibly
> >3.1.
> >
> I don't see how it could be 3.. Fedora Core 7 is only up to 3.0.4. And
> at the Xen presentation by RedHat I visited last month, they were very
> clear that stability and consistency of software is a big, big, big deal
> in the RHEL world., and I don't think they've had enough time to really
> test the released 3.1 code.

Fedora 7  (no Core in the name anymore) is using 3.1.0  for hypervisor
and userspace. The Fedora 7 kernel is temporarily on 3.0.4 until we finish
the kernel rebase to 3.1.0 + 2.6.21

As you say, RHEL is all about stability so upgrading software versions,
particularly if end user facing commands / tools change, is not really
an option.

Dan.