[Xen-users] Problem with RAID following update

Hello all,

I am by no mean a Linux or Xen expert but I will do my best to explain my
problem.

We had recently a problem with Xen. It kept posting some weird messages so
before trying to fix the problem, I tried to update it with apt-get upgrade
(I think Xen is running on Debian Etch but I am not sure since I am not the
one who installed it).

At some point during the update, I was asked some weird question about
arrays. I think I selected activate all arrays, but I did not know what I
was doing.

When I rebooted, a lot of raid partitions that where in /dev/md* where
transferred to /dev/.static/dev/md*

Because of that, I can't seem to be able to start my virtual machines who
where running on those partitions (because Xen is looking for them in
/dev/md* and not /dev/.static/dev/md*).

I am not sure what to do to bring back the old configuration. At start up
with Grub, I have the option to choose from Xen 3 (our current version) or
Xen 2.x (our old version). When I start Xen 2.x, all the necessary drive are
in /dev/md* and I think there is nothing in /dev/.static/

In Xen 2.x, I ran mdadm --detail âscan, and copied the content of the file
in /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf in Xen 3. The missing partitions became available
and I could even mount them and see the content of the directories but my
virtual machines still won't start. I think thatâs because there is still
some stuff missing which is located in /dev/.static/

Therefore, all I would like to know is how I can put back my drives in /dev
instead of /dev/.static

Thanks a lot for your help.

Max