it works :) was-> Re: [Xen-users] WinXP installation quits with error: "...windows has been shut down to prevent damage..."

It works!

Thanks Martin.

It's installed and functioning.  I can shut it down and start it
again...  No problems.  The network isn't working yet, but that should
be a matter of reading the FAQs and tinkering.

some back story:
I downloaded the latest 3.1 sources.  After much compiling, installing
libs, installing compilers, and more compiling and re-compiling, I was
able to boot the new kernel and begin testing.  Once I finished ever so
sloooowly figuring out that VNC seems to be required in 3.1, I installed
a vnc client and server and was soon able to see that WindowsXP was
waiting for me to press F8 and begin the install.

I'm singing and dancing. :)  Xen is awesome.

- Ana