RE: [Xen-users] Poor disk io performance in domUs

  • To: "Andrej Radonic" <rado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:16:51 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 02:15:07 -0700

That would be a consequence of the two domains causing more
head-movement on the drive(s) than a single domain, so you get more
overhead. So if you get 50MB/s in a single domain, you don't get 25MB/s
in two parallel domains - you get a bit less. That's just what I'd
expect in this situation. [This is because the "disk" for each virtual
machine is in a different part of the disk, so each time the first
domain acesses the disk, it needs a (big) move of the read/write head,
and then another big move when the second domain accesses it's part of
the disk].

--
Mats