Re: [Xen-users] trixbox through hvm woes

On 27 Jun 2007, at 02:15, Mark Williamson wrote:

Hi Steven,

sdl=0
vnc=1

Try setting sdl=0 - it'll start an X11 window displaying the guest's
framebuffer. If you don't have physical access to the dom0 you can connect to it using ssh -X so that X11 windows are forwarded to your local machine.

Hopefully this'll allow you to select the correct option at the bootloader...
Let us know how you get on.

X isn't installed on the machine... on purpose. I reckon I should do anyway and rather specify sdl=1, no?

The behaviour of vnc disconnecting upon first connection is pretty consistent. I guess I'm paying the price of trying to stick to packaged distributions (ubuntu feisty), rather than compiling everything myself. The road using para-virtualized domains isn't particularly well-paved either, as it seems to be the idea that Dom0 and DomU should share the same kernel, and the feisty xen-tools package has no debootstrap feisty build target.

That, and the foulish idea to run an ISDN-based Asterisk installation on a DomU. ;-/

</Steven>
Outerthought                              Open Source Java & XML
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org