Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.1.0 initrd and kernel building

> First of all, if  I'm not  mistaken mkinitramfs is better than mkinitrd,
> so try using this one instead. The second error I think it's related to
> PAE not being enabled in you custom kernel, so switch it on in:
>
> Processor type and features >> MTRR

MTRR?  That's a different config setting, but it shouldn't matter here.  The
important setting is the high memory support, which needs to be set to 64GB.

> That's because you have to have PAE enabled in XEN and in you dom0 kernel.
>
> Installation is not a piece of cake, so take it easy and with time
> you'll sea how good it works.

I'm glad it's working for you :-)

Another good way to try Xen out is to install RHEL 5 / CentOS 5, or Fedora, or
OpenSuse, or SLES - all these integrate at least some support for Xen out of
the box.  If you want a livecd you could try VMKNOPPIX (this also
demonstrates other virtualisers, all on a KNOPPIX-based livecd).

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!