Re: [Xen-users] at the end of my wits

  • To: "David Greenberg" <dgrnbrg@xxxxxxx>
  • From: "Chris Fanning" <christopher.fanning@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 09:42:58 +0200
  • Cc: Steve Brueckner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen users mailing list <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 00:40:56 -0700

On 7/3/07, David Greenberg <dgrnbrg@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I believe that certain parts of the chipset are unsupported in kernel
2.6.18.  Ubuntu feisty has Xen ported to 2.6.19, and that will successfully
boot on the Asus motherboard 100% of the time.  I got it to boot and
recognize all 7 internal sata drives I was using.  There is a potential bug
that may affect you if you use driver domains, however.  I didn't isolate
the bug, but be aware that it potentially exists (softraid corruption when
using a driver domain with 6 usb controllers and the only graphics card
passed to it).

Hi David,

Unfortunately, 2.6.19 didn't help either.
Here is the original P5PDeluxe thread
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-06/msg00797.html

Cheers.
Chris.