Re: [Xen-users] Searching for a Filesystem / Storage Solution

Hi Kyrios,

sorry because my english, I don't want to say that google fs can be purcharsed. I read some papers about Google fs, it looks great. The most similar fs that I found is Lustre fs, but until 2008 it will not have "Multi-server file RAID-1 (mirroring)" (acording to the clusterfs roadmap), so noadays clusterfs is not fault tolerant without shared storage. Some of the bigest cluster in the world use clusterfs. I found a blueprint from Sun Microsystems quite interesting, using clusterfs:

http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0507/820-2187.html

Marc

Kyrios wrote:
Hi Marc,

much thanks for your input!

I didn't know that GooFS can be purchased. I already thought that it would be a good solution.

Also if I find something else I will let you know.

Bye
Thorsten