[Xen-users] Kubuntu Guest on CentOS5 host

  • From: Paul Waldo <pwaldo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:40:58 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:39:21 -0700

Hi All,

I have a CentOS5 host and I'm trying to install Kubuntu Feisty as a paravirtualized guest. I tried using virt-manager and mounting the Feisty DVD via NFS. Unfortunately, I got the error "Invalid NFS location given: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/xen/xennfs.Pu9bAv/xen/vmlinuz'" My understanding is that virt-manager is looking for a Xen kernel at the install location in directory /xen. So, is there any way to install a non-xen-enabled distro as a paravirtualized guest? Thanks for any help!

Paul