Re: [Xen-users] Debian Etch 4.0 domU will not boot

Andrew W. wrote:
> Hi all.  In CentOS 5 with kernel 2.6.18-8.1.4.el5xen and a file-backed
> disk, I am unable to successfully boot Debian Etch.

Yes, the fedora/redhat Kernel is patched in a way that only Fedora
guests work well with it.

Get a debian xen Kernel (fetch it from your guest, which you probably
bootstrapped with debootstrap), and initrd, and try to start the domain
with it.

I played ariund with this a lot,  but using the Debian Kernel(or, if you
rather like that, one from the xensource binary xen packages) was the
only thing that worked nicely and reliably.

Similar for running Suse on Fedora/Redhat. I got Suse working with a lot
of tweaking, but using the guest's native Xen Kernel is a match easier
and better solution.

Henning