Re: [Xen-users] Using cdrom on my DomUs

  • To: "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "John Morris" <frankenbean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 07:10:58 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 04:08:49 -0700

So far the cd access on the virtual machines seems to be working well.  I'm using [ 'phy:/dev/cdrom,'...]

One odd thing though is that I can no longer get out to the internet from Dom0.  It was working, and for no descernable reason that I can find it stopped.

If I ping using -I eth0, I can get out.  If I ping using -I peth0, my traffic doesn't get out past my machine.  Any ideas?

On 7/12/07, Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Once I've gotten my installing done, how do I alter my config files to use
> the physical CD-ROM drive for the CDROM on the DomUs?

Note that PV guests don't see "CD-ROM" devices, they just see block devices
which may happen to contain an ISO9660 filesystem.  This is important because
it implies that eject commands won't work, and commands that really expect
certain CDROM operations to be available may become confused.

Cheers,
Mark

--
Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat?  And no pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.