[Xen-users] usb on pv guests

Is there a way to have USB access on paravirtualized guests aside from
PCI passthrough?
I've gotten pciback to work to pass my usb devices through to domU, but
its a real hassle in Fedora because they don't have pciback built into
the kernel.  Also Fedora brings up the USB subsystem very early, so to
pass it through i have to completely disable usb in dom0.  This leaves
dom0 without a keyboard/mouse because the systems don't have a ps/2
port.

It just seems to me that I'm missing a much simpler way to give domU
access to usb devices (usb modems are what testing with).  I've seen the
USB over IP devices, but I don't want to buy one of those just yet.